Dental Implants – Cortlandt Manor, NY
Replace Missing Teeth for Life
Our Cortlandt Manor dental office philosophy promotes overall wellbeing through dental health. That’s the core of oral systemic treatment, and the foundation of that care is the prevention of tooth loss. However, for some patients, tooth loss becomes inevitable over time, whether due to accident, injury, disease, or genetics. It’s important for you to know that you have options for filling unsightly gaps that are modern and more natural than ever before, such as dental implants.
What are Dental Implants?
Made of biocompatible titanium, dental implants are surgically positioned in your jawbone. After the bone integrates with the post, the implant acts as an artificial tooth root and holds a natural-looking prosthetic tooth in place. With dental implants, you can smile with renewed grace and confidence!
What are the Benefits of Dental Implants?
Dental implants don’t just offer an esthetic benefit for patients. There are many health benefits as well, including:
- No Bone Loss – Because the implant post replaces the tooth root, the jaw retains its function and atrophy is stopped.
- Lower Risk of Gum Disease – Empty space left by missing teeth is often a new breeding ground for bacteria. By replacing the tooth, the patient’s overall risk for periodontal disease is lowered.
- Improved Speech – Spaces and gaps can cause word formation to become difficult. Replacing teeth makes speaking easy again.
- Stronger Chewing – When teeth are lost, the bite becomes imbalanced and chewing can be tricky. Once teeth are replaced with implants, balance is restored and eating is more comfortable.
- Enhanced Durability – When cared for properly, dental implants can often last for a lifetime!
- Multiple Uses – For denture or partial denture wearers, dental implants can be used to anchor them more sturdily and provide a solid foundation for the replacement teeth.
Missing One Tooth?
An additional benefit of dental implants is their versatility. Depending on the patient’s reconstructive needs, Dr. Taxin can use them to seamlessly replicate a single tooth, multiple teeth at a time, or even an entire mouthful.
If you have lost one tooth, we recommend an implant-retained dental crown as the ideal replacement. This crown will be crafted from all-ceramic materials that are a virtually indistinguishable match to natural tooth enamel, both in feel and in appearance. Additionally, while traditional reconstructive services usually require surrounding teeth to be reduced or negatively altered to accommodate their placement, implant-retained dental crowns are much more conservative. They will become a new part of your smile while supporting and preserving your oral health.
Missing Multiple Teeth?
When the patient is missing several teeth at once, there are multiple dental implant options available for replenishing their complete smile:
- Implant-Retained Dental Crown – Our team can replace each missing tooth with its own unique dental implant and crown.
- Implant-Retained Dental Bridge – Bridges are designed to fill the gap left by consecutive missing teeth. Traditionally, they were anchored in place by fitting dental crowns over adjacent teeth, but today’s modern method of utilizing dental implants (one on either side of the gap) instead is much better for the patient’s continuing oral health.
- Implant-Retained Partial Denture – A partial prosthetic can be anchored over placed implants for a comprehensive fit. Unlike bridges, this new denture can be removable, which some patients may prefer.
Missing All Your Teeth?
Contrary to popular belief, even patients who have experienced extreme tooth loss can successfully rebuild complete smiles with the transformative power of dental implants in most cases. Dr. Taxin can design an implant-retained denture that’s precisely custom-made to fit your unique mouth. Instead of pairing individual dental crowns to single implants, this type of denture can be securely anchored in place over a small number of strategically angled implants, making it more cost-effective as well.
Depending on the patient’s oral health and personal preferences, implant-retained dentures can be fixed permanently in place or made removable in nature. Patients who have regularly worn traditional dentures before receiving dental implants may prefer the latter because they are used to the convenience. Both styles of tooth replacement will function naturally, feel sturdy within the mouth, and last for many years at a time.
Mini Dental Implants
While most patients can successfully restore missing teeth with dental implants, one of the prerequisites for this type of state-of-the-art care is that a certain amount of healthy jawbone structure must be present in the affected area of the mouth. If you have been without natural teeth for many years, the bone may have deteriorated too significantly – but thankfully, all is not lost here in Cortlandt Manor. Miniature dental implants, like the name implies, are a smaller version of the traditional implant model that can thrive in shallower tissue and hold a full denture securely in place for patients in need.
What Do Dental Implants Cost?
There are several components that determine the overall cost of a dental implant procedure – how many implants the patient requires, the nature of their restoration, the abutment (what connects the implant to the restoration), if bone grafting or periodontal therapy is required to prepare the mouth for surgical placement, and more. Once Dr. Taxin has assessed your condition and developed a customized treatment plan, he will be able to share more detailed information about cost with you.
We do ask patients to keep in mind that while dental implants may be a significant investment, the durability, aesthetics, and long-lasting value they provide will be well worth the cost. In most cases, implant-retained teeth will be able to stay a part of your smile for the rest of your life – no costly replacements needed. If you are in need of financial assistance, please let our team know so that we can discuss possible options with you for making the price more manageable. We’re always happy to help!