Dental Implants in Cortlandt Manor, NY
Our Cortlandt Manor dental practice philosophy promotes an overall wellbeing through dental health. That’s the core of oral systemic treatment, and the foundation of that care is the prevention of tooth loss. However, for some patients, tooth loss becomes inevitable, whether due to accident, injury, disease, or genetics. It’s important for you to to know that you have options for filling unsightly gaps that are modern and more natural than ever before, such as dental implants.
What are Dental Implants?
Made of biocompatible titanium, dental implants are surgically positioned in your jawbone. After the bone integrates with the post, the implant acts as an artificial tooth root and holds a natural-looking prosthetic tooth in place. With dental implants, you can smile with renewed grace and confidence!
What are the Benefits of Dental Implants?
Dental Implants don’t just offer an esthetic benefit for patients. There are many health benefits as well, including:
- No bone loss – because the implant post replaces the tooth root, the jaw retains its function and atrophy is stopped.
- The risk of gum disease is lowered – space left by missing teeth is often the breeding ground for bacteria. By replacing the tooth, risk for periodontal disease is lowered.
- Speech is improved – spaces and gaps can cause word formation to be difficult. Replacing teeth makes speaking easy again.
- Chewing is improved – when teeth are lost, the bite becomes imbalanced and chewing can be tricky. Once teeth are replaced with implants, balance is restored and eating is more comfortable.
- Enhanced durability – when cared for properly, dental implants can often last for a lifetime!
- Multiple uses – for denture or partial denture wearers, dental implants can be used to anchor them more sturdily and provide a solid foundation for the replacement teeth.
Let Dr. Taxin give you back your healthy smile. Our Cortlandt Manor dental practice is accepting new patients from surrounding areas including Mohegan Lake, Yorktown Heights, Ossining, Putnam Valley, Peekskill, Montrose, and Cold Spring. Contact us for your appointment today.